Monday, August 22, 2011

What do your shoes say about you?

First week of school activity!

Write a paragraph on who you think your teacher is based on her shoes. This can be creative and fun for students. I plan on giving them 20 minutes for this, once they are done writing their paragraph, they will share it with a partner and then I will have students volunteer to read some of their paragraphs. At the end I will pick a pair of shoes and tell a story about myself using the shoe as a prop.

If there is lots of time left over, I might have the students write about a pair of shoes that describes them personally maybe even using figurative language.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great, fun activity for the first week of school. One of my high school history teachers wore Birkenstocks every day, even in the winter!

    ReplyDelete